Thursday, March 5, 2009

*Not-So-News Flash*

T.O. and Roy L. Williams are F'n out. Enhancing team chemistry is F'n in.

*Note, this is going to be a teaser post. Short but sweet (just like I like the ladies). 

**If you couldn't tell by the navy and burnt orange font (which you probably couldn't), the Dallas Cowboys and the Texas Longhorns are my favorite teams. And football is my favorite sport to watch, play, bet on, and talk about, so UT football is on par with the 'boys and slightly above the rest. Obviously I had to post a little something about such a big name getting released from my #1 team. I admit though, the T.O. news coverage is even going to get a little overkill to me as I'm sure it probably already has to non-Cowboy fans.

I'm sure you've already heard, read, or seen that T.O. and Roy are gone, and if you want a legit journalist's analysis on it, I suggest reading this article, my favorite so far. Concerning T.O., why would I be worried about releasing him when we have a receiver that can dance like this: (sorry for the poor quality)


I have to post the link instead of embedding the video, not sure why the embedded version wouldn't show up, my sincerest.

Concerning Roy L. Williams, anyone who isn't good enough for a second-tier Destiny's Child's member (out of two tiers), isn't good enough for me. Although I must say, she is in the top tier when it comes to attractiveness, so Roy doesn't really have anything to be embarrassed about, except maybe being the highest-paid defensive Cowboy while also managing to only be a two-down safety who makes others around him more prone to injuries.

I honestly don't think they were/are the only thing wrong with the current Cowboys' situation, but releasing them both is a good start. Also, neither of these guys were my least favorite players ever, in fact T.O. probably behaved his best in Dallas than anywhere else and performed at a very high level. I think it was preemptive damage control as the water was bound to boil over, smart move. Roy did have a couple good years with the 'boys, although he never could cover well, but he lost the "it" factor a few years back (the last couple of pro-bowl selections were ludicrous, and you'd know that if you watch enough of the NFL). Maybe he will resurrect his career somewhere else, and some GM will probably over-pay him to give him the chance. I'm just glad it's not the Cowboys time and money he will be wasting anymore.
______________________________________________ 

Song of the Post

(I thought this song made sense for this post)

American Football - Never Meant


No comments:

Post a Comment