Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Two-fer Tuesday

I don’t know if its because I’m feeling a little generous or a little randy, but either way, I decided to give you a double-dose of whatever I post today, regardless of how much you don’t care.

I think back to my greatest athletic moment ever (as far as personal feats go), which was at the wily old age of 14, and wonder how did I ever make an almost-half court buzzer-beater to beat a team whom we hadn’t led against all game? (I know you must be thinking, “Why is this nobody tooting his own horn?” but I wouldn’t say accidentally achieving your greatest moment ever as a young teenager is something to brag about.) After years of trying to replicate that shot, and other half court shorts for that matter, I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s hard, even with a running start and using two hands. That’s why I’m even more impressed by pro basketball players, not only are they freak athletes who have mastered the fundamentals, but they can make the ridiculous shots look easy too. One-handed half court shots are nothing for these two superstars, which tells you something why they are considered two of the best in the game right now.



But just when you thought I was only giving you two videos, BOOM, a bonus third video. This must be your lucky day, I’d suggest asking the girl out that you’ve always had a crush on but don’t have a chance with. (Kidding, you’ll still fail, not that I wouldn’t.) So who could be better than Lebron and Dwight Howard? You guessed it, THUNDER DAN.



 ______________________________________________


Sorry Ladies

I just realized it had been a couple posts since I had linked any attractive females, so I thought what better time to make up for it than when I can link TWO attractive females. The first one came to mind when I saw a Dancing with the Stars commercial with her dancing around dressed like this. (I looked for the commercial on Youtube to no avail.) Yeah, I know she is 17 and I don’t care what you say about her being underage and what not, because if you’re a guy, you probably caught yourself watching gymnastics during the last Olympics a little more than you expected you would, just like I did, and it wasn’t because of the Chinese floor routines (or their 14 year old girls).

The main reason I had Shawn Johnson as the first link was so that I could use Dancing with the Stars as a segue to the second, and honestly much more attractive, Julianne Hough, which if she is on this upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars, gives you only a total of one and a half reasons to watch it. (Shawn Johnson only counts as 1/2 because she's 17 and 4'8".)

______________________________________________


Suggestion Box

I figured I’d have my own version of a suggestion box, except instead of giving me suggestions on how I can improve my blog (no need to overload any servers),  I’ll just post suggestions for things such as: movies to watch, places to visit, things to try (we’ll keep it pg13), players to follow, teams/games to bet on, etc.

 Suggestion #1

 Mothership Wit (beer)

This suggestion was given to me by my bro-in-law, and although I just bought it, I have actually yet to try it. So it’s all on him if it sucks. Anyways, it’s an organic beer by the same people who brew Fat Tire, and I’m no tree-hugger, but it sounds delish. It can be found at Whole Foods, although I found it at a nearby gas station that for some reason has a larger selection than H.E.B.

Since this is a Two-fer, the second cerveza suggestion is: (this is my personal suggestion)

 St. Pauli Girl

 ______________________________________________ 

 Song(s) of the Post



2 comments:

  1. As an avid fan of nonechance, a good friend, and a hispanic brother, i feel it is my duty (and honor) to post a comment.

    1. Hypothetically, it is improbable to score on Kobe while he is playing his best D, not impossible. Honestly, if its possible for someone to get beat up by a taxi-cab driver, then anything is possible

    2. Shawn Johnson adds a negative 1/2. Which in turn rounds to -1. There is nothing appealing about an underage girl with more muscle than the Governator.

    3 (and most importantly). T.O. is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Improbably is a vast overstatement of your chances of scoring. If you get the ball first and shoot some horse style shot that doesn't get blocked is about your only prayer. 17 isn't illegal in Texas so the only problem with Shawn Johnson is she is the same size as my 6 year old nephew. Team tall beats Team small in anything other then a full court game.

    ReplyDelete